1st Annual Atlanta N/N picnic, Aug. 2016

On Sat., August 6, 2016, the SE Region of the N/N Society held our 1st annual Atlanta, GA, N/N picnic! We held it on the northeast side of Atlanta in Flowery Branch, and we invited all the N/N's that we had email addresses for. It was for all N/N's whether FB or Society members, or just guests of our Stone Mtn. Highland Games. It's something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I plan to make it an annual event. It was a fun day, hot with high humidity, but fun just the same, and we held it at a sailing club right on Lake Lanier so the beach and lake were just steps away. We had a great picnic; everyone pitched in and brought a lot of food!

We had 3 families who were able to attend: Travis & Shannon Nesbitt and daughter Audrey; Joyce Leonard and her whole family (7 adults and all 9 of her grandchildren); and Ken & Lynn Nisbet. It was wonderful to meet all the ones we didn't know, and get to know some better! Thank you to all who came! We'll look forward to having you and others next year! For those who were not invited and live in the Atlanta area, please email me at reni8@charter.net so I can add you to next year's invite list! :D